Friday, January 22, 2010

Sublime All Aboard Card

It was the first stamp set I saw, going into my stamping room, so I decided to use it. Right away it made me think of the many trips we took to Cass Scenic Railroad in WV. when I was a little girl with my family. I love that place! I was wondering what I would do with my Basic Grey Sublime DP that I had sitting around. I picked up my stamp set and then started going through all my DP. The Sublime paper just had all the colors I was used to seeing in the leaves when we took that train up the mountain. The beautiful cursive handwriting all over the paper made it look old. I used watercolor paper and Versa Marked my train image and embossed it in black. I started out using my grey chalks and then used my re-inkers to watercolor around the image. I used Creamy Caramel and River Rock. I had these metal trees I've been wanting to use on a card. I scratched them with an Exact-o knife to look like pine needles and added some applique for snow. I then went back in and colored them with Always Artichoke and black markers. I covered it with Crystal Effects. I was impatient and used my heat gun to hurry up the drying process of the crystal effects. It started to bubble a bit and shrink up but left a really nice texture on the tree. I also scratched the brads to match the tree. Here is a link to one of my favorite places in the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment