Thursday, January 14, 2010

Quilted Angelic Valentine

Friendship is...
the sort of Love
one can imagine
between Angels

I was in a Romantic kind of mood today. I wanted to do a Valentine card that was country and romantic with soft colors. So, I started thinking of quilts, roses and light pinks and greens. My Angelic set came to mind for the main art. I had a sheet of pattern paper that looked like a plain quilt with stitches. I used it for my background and cut a lot of little one inch squares of different pattern papers and glued them on, making sure you could still see the stitches in between. I pulled colors from my papers and colored my angels to match using my reinkers and a water color brush. I covered the angels in Cryslal effects and let it dry. Then I put Diamond Stickles on their wings. The Heart hardware just happened to fit right over the square metal frame. the holes matched up perfectly. My card measures 5 1/4" x 5 1/4".

No comments:

Post a Comment