Monday, January 11, 2010

Godspeed Retirement

I have a friend who's husband has retired from the Marine Corps. We are next! Two more years for us and we will be back on the east coast somewhere. I made this card with Basic Grey pattern papers, True Thyme, Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip and River Rock card stock. I water colored the Godspeed image, aged the edges and glassy glazed over it. My glassy glaze had been mixed with a little white EP by accident when I was in Japan so, it comes out speckled with white flecks. I had forgotten about that and used it. As I was heating the glassy glaze I saw the white flecks starting to show and got worried. It actually looked pretty cool on this card. I really liked the effect. The card is 5 1/4" x 5 1/4". The brad I used had a square center so I cut a piece of Bashful Blue card stock and glued it in the middle then used crystal effect over it. It is a "GUY" card so I TRIED to keep it masculine and somewhat simple. :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is stunning! You have managed to capture the essence of forces life with your choice of image and colours. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic card!! My fiance just got out of the marines as well. I love this card, thank you so much for sharing!

    - Elizabeth
    Co-Owner
    www.missimagination.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!! I had hoped that my other half would seek retirement in April 2009, but unfortunately (can I say that)he decided that he would put a few more years in.. so now hes deployed, and I have dealt with more holidays then I care to admit without him. Its all good. I am counting the days until his midtour leave now so in hopes the days until he arrive go faster than the ones when hes here! GODSPEED!

    I am blessed to have found you to keep me inspired as well!!

    Chera

    www.greetingsbychera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete