Friday, January 15, 2010

The Cat's Meow Valentine Card


This Valentine card is for all the Kitty Lover's out there. As I started making the card I was thinking about what kitty's like, what they do and what they wear. Cat's like to play with yarn. I had some really cute yarn with tiny sequins sewn into it. I had a sticky letter "V" that I pushed into green mini beads that matched the card stock. I covered it in crystal effects to make sure all those little beads stayed put. It reminded me of the rug covered scratching posts. I had a mini jingle bell on very thin black wire I added to make his collar. In the picture the "V" and the card stock look like two different colors but they are the same. My camera just didn't want to cooperate with me today. My card stock colors I used are Real Red, Glossy White, Certainly Celery, Basic Black and red and white striped and green pattern papers. While in Japan I loved shopping at the Daiso (Dollar store). They always had the best accesories for making my cards. I found the little stars I used on this card in the manicure section of Daiso. They had tons of tiny fingernail decorations that were just the right size and ALWAYS the right price to add to my homemade cards. Toshiko, I couldn't help but think of you, Kyoko, you're beautiful cat and Japan :)

1 comment:

  1. Cute!!
    Kyoko and I and my cat Miiya love this card.
    I sometimes go to Daiso and buy some tiny things.
    Kyoko made cards using them.
    She loves your cards and reference to them.

    ReplyDelete