Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Asian Inspiration Card...

I'm on an Asian Card kick! I love anything Asian! I've been wanting to use my Jolee Kimono set for some time now. Today I saw it sitting there and came up with this design. I had used my Infuse Basic Grey DP yesterday and saw the page of die cut flowers that came with it. It looked like it could be cut to resemble hair. So, what you see on my little kimono girl is one of the Infuse die cut flowers cut and placed on a circle punched circle face. I water colored a piece of watercolor paper and punched her face out of it. I stamped the cherry blossom stamp from Art of the Orient stamp set in Close to Cocoa and used my Stamp-a-majig to place them. Then I placed the Jolee's cherry blossom branch with the extra cherry blossoms over the stamped images. From the Kanji set, I used the Love Kanji symbol and left off the "love" and stamped it in Cameo Coral. The Japanese stamp that is stamped on top, in Night of Navy, is my own personal Japanese name stamp. With my blender pen I added a little Only Orange and blended the images together. My paper colors are Night of Navy, Bordering Blue, Cameo Coral and Glossy White card stock. The square of Cameo Coral, I rubbed the edges on my gold stamp pad then embossed it in gold EP. The Night of Navy background piece, I versa Marked the Chinese symbol in Art of the Orient stamp set all over and embossed it in clear EP. The center of my flowers is Diamond Stickles and I also added it to the headpiece and her fan. I had mini beads that were the right colors so I added them to the head piece and fan, also. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment