Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Mom & Dad's Anniversary Card

Posted by PicasaI had bought these little paper Japanese kimonos while stationed in Japan. I intended on making this card last year for my parents Anniversary but, just got to it now. Their Anniversary was yesterday, January 5th. They have been married for 53 years!!! Wow! Thank You Mom & Dad for Blessing "US" with 53 years of marriage and being the BEST example that anyone could have had! God has made you into the evidence that you want to teach us!
The card details: The wooden Japanese heads were bought separately to go with the kimonos. I matched up my papers with the colors of the kimonos. The background behind the people was a scrap I had made previously with the Ink & Smash technique. Always keep your scrap papers! I had been playing around with the technique, trying out different colors, and it didn't work for that project but really worked well for this one! I have a Torii stamp I stamped in Versa Mark and stamped it on the Ink & Smash glossy paper and used Glassy Glaze over it. While still "wet" from the heat gun I sprinkled diamond dust over the top. The main flower patterned paper is Stampin'Up!'s Ginger Blossom and the circle paper is from Basic Grey. The circle paper was stamped with Art of the Orient-Kanji stamp in Brocade Blue ink. The card's dimensions are 51/4" x 51/4" and made with textured grey SU paper as the main top fold card. I used Bordering Blue and Ruby Red as the other layer colors. To "age" the patterned papers I rubbed chocolate chip and Brocade Blue on the edges. I used the Ginger Blossom patterned paper to make the paper beads and covered them with Crystal effects. I added a copper brad and tied a bow with the silver cording holding the paper beads. The Cherry Blossom punch was given to me as a gift and was bought in Japan. I punched nine flowers out of the Ink & Smash paper I had used to make the card face and added diamond stickles to the centers.

No comments:

Post a Comment