Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Silly Cyclist

Life's a journey... Hmmm, I started thinking about our move and all of the things we have to do to get ready for it. We found out we will be moving to Monterey, California and working at the DLI school they have there. Bitter sweet news for me. I love Japan and all of my friends I have made here and am really going to miss them so much! On the other hand, California sounds exciting! I love new experiences, meeting new people and exploring new places. I am an adventurer at heart! Where we will be living, there are so many things to do and see that are pretty close to us. We want to take some trips with our children and see some of the national parks in the area. Sequoia national park is about 3 hours away. Now back to the less fun stuff. I am feeling like we are juggling here which made me think of my silly sealife octopus stamp with all his tentacles. Trying to make sure our dogs (2 golden retrievers)can fly home at the right time so they won't overheat. The airlines have rules about when they can fly and when they can't. They need crates(x-large crates) we had to order from the Internet for them to be able to fly. That means the kids have to get out of school early in May. We have a van that has been in storage while we have been in Japan for three years. It is in Baltimore Md. and we need to pick that up also. I guess we will be driving cross country with it to Monterey after finding time to visit with our families. We will be dropping our oldest daughter off with her Dad and traveling with our two large dogs, our 3 children and us in a mini van across the United States. If that doesn't sound like a Griswold adventure movie! So can you see where the idea for my card came from! I feel like the octopus with all his arms handling all the things that moving across the world throws at you. But, doing it with a smile, looking at life as an adventure! And, thanking God that He is giving us all of these awesome opportunities!

No comments:

Post a Comment