Wednesday, September 19, 2007

September card class-Theme "Out of The Box"

We had our class on Wednesday the 19th. My class was on the "Out of the Box" technique. If you have not tried this, you need to! The result was just beautiful! My students were thrilled. There are different ways of doing this but I just like to use a pattern, it is just easier to me.
1. I stamped my image on a blank piece of scrap paper.
2. I Decided what part of the image I wanted hanging out.

3. I used a ruler and a pencil and Drew a box around all of the sides where I wanted my image to hang out.
4. Once I had my lines drawn, I measured my box on the scrap piece of paper. With your paper cutter and another piece of scrap paper cut out the measurement of this box. This will be your pattern. Stamp your image on card stock and use your pattern box to lay on top of stamped image. Adjust box on your image to where you want it and pencil around box. Cut along the lines and anything "outside of the box" you cut around and leave everything else inside. Erase any pencil lines and you are done.
I was inspired by an AWESOME card by Linda Bullard that is truly incredible!! I used a lemon stamp instead of her apple and changed my colors to use Groovy Guava card stock. I have had this stamp set forever and have never used it. It is one of my favorite cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment