Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My August Cooking Class-Theme BBQ & Dragonflies


I held my cooking class on the 29th of August. There were 13 people in attendance. My theme was dragonflies. Summertime, in Japan, they are everywhere. So beautiful! I of coarse used my Stampin'Up! products for my gifts, menu, recipe cards, and name tags. Anywhere I can use it :o) My gifts to them were homemade BBQ sauce in canning jars and the rub for the ribs so they could make them again at home. I try to use ingredients that they can find out in town in my recipes. The Pierogie recipe was given to me by my daughter Shelby's Grandma. Her Grandma spent a day teaching me how to make them.
The menu :
Two day pork spare ribs
Apple slaw with Poppy seed dressing
Grandma's Pierogies
For dessert they made
Southern Caramel-applesauce Cobbler
with Bourbon-pecan Ice cream
and our drink was
Summertime Apple Ginger Spritzer

No comments:

Post a Comment