Tuesday, October 16, 2007

October Card Class-Theme "Antique Christmas"



Our class today was on making Christmas cards, "Antique Christmas cards". Two different styles, Two of each style. The first card we did was an antique Victorian looking card using the Peaceful Wishes stamp set and the second was a snowflake card. I love snow! So, I had to break out my Snowflakes stamp set for the second card. The picture is above. We used a sponge and sponged the edges of our blue snowflake Designer series paper from last year. Stamped our word stamp in black and then Cuttlebugged it with a Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder . I then had them attach the bead to the paper. I found the beads at our craft store on base. I think they are for applying to clothing like the "Beadazzle" beads. I look at everything differently now:o) We stamped our Baroque Motifs stamp on our paper strip with basic black. Versamarked our strip with two of the Snowflake stamps and then embossed it with Winter White embossing powder. We used a sponge and applied Night of Navy ink in a circular motion starting in the middle of the snowflakes and worked our way out. I used the smallest snowflake and Versamarked it on the empty spots of our strip. The big snowflake was Versamarked and embossed with Winter White embossing powder then sponged with Night of Navy in the technique used for the snowflakes on the strip. Then we Versamarked the whole snowflake paper and covered it with glassy glaze and used our heat gun to finish. They even took it a step further and embossed white little snowflakes on bashful blue paper and then punched them out. They sandwiched silver cording between two snowflakes and pop-dotted them together and made tassels dropping from the top of their cards. I don't have a picture of that yet but I will post it soon. Everyone's cards turned out great! So proud of you all! Doesn't Kayoko-san look sooo cute in that picture!!! Her cards match her outfit, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment