Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sew Springy!



Our Sew Springy Garden Gate card!




Today they are learning a new technique, how to sew cards. I was inspired by a photo of a gate card in the Papercrafts magazine. I like the more realistic nature stamp sets instead of the whimsical style that they had in the magazine. So, I thought of my favorite retired spring stamp set "Feathered Hope." I found the hinges and garden signs at our base craft store. The sewing technique really makes a card look amazing. It's a great way to accent your card and give it more of a "handmade" look. Using the sewing machine makes it so fast and easy, too. Even a very simple card can be made to look stunning by just using the sewing technique. Everyone except Kumie hadn't used a sewing machine in a while so they were a little nervous at first. They all did a great job and their sewing lines were so straight! Our card measures 5x6 1/2"






Yuu-chan wanted mommy's card to have a lot more flowers!



Kayoko's cards



Megumi's cards



Eiko's cards


My card with additions

No comments:

Post a Comment